The lovely Gozitan townhouse of Gianni is located down a small alley, on the outskirts of the popular village of Xewkija, one of the oldest villages on Gozo. The beautiful ‘Rotunda’ church was built over a period of 20 years, from 1951, round an earlier church (1755) and has spectacular views from the bell tower over most of the Island. There are also several restaurants and bars, a pharmacy and shops. We have two more houses here (Battista & Sta Katerina) so these together could accommodate a larger group.
The main entrance leads into a secluded, walled pool and patio area, ideal for sunbathing, relaxing and dining. Doors open into a large open plan living room, dining area and fully fitted kitchen. This comfortable living space also has a wood-burning stove. To the rear, there is a twin bedroom with its own small, enclosed terrace and a bathroom.
A glamorous stone and wrought iron staircase winds up to the first floor where there are two further large twin/double bedrooms each with their own en suite bathroom. The front bedroom has a Juliet balcony overlooking the pool. This room is large enough to accommodate a further bed and/or cot, if required. A lovely stone spiral staircase leads up to a utility area and a door onto the roof space, with views out over the town.